Printing News & Reviews for Inkjet, Laserjet, Large Format Digital Printers, Ink, Toner, Paper.
Ten Things To Consider When Buying A New Printer Continued
1. How many pages will you print each month?
(If you are a moderate user then running costs are not so significant.)
2. What is the cost of the cartridges?
(If you are a heavy printer user then cartridge replacement prices can become a big factor in your decison.)
3. What is the Ink capacity of the cartridges?
(Some cartridges do not hold very much ink and need regular replacement.)
4. What is the initial cost of purchasing the printer?
(If you are a small/modest printer user then a cheap printer that uses more expensive ink cartridges may be the best option?)
5. What type of work will you be printing? Text, photographs, borderless printing?
(Some printers perform certain tasks better than others. For instance the Canon Pixma ip4950 is expert at printing photographs but lacks other common features like a scanner and wireless capability.)
6. How fast do you need to print?
(Print speeds vary, so if your machine is for business you may require a faster printer.)
7. How durable is the printer? Many modern printers are not built to last and have a limited shelf life.
(Many cheap printers will break down and need replacement after 12 months.)
8 . How will you connect the printer to your PC? Via USB, or does the printer have a Network or Wireless connection facility?
(Wireless connections are becoming popular as they allow multiple computers to connect to the same printer.)
9. What type of warranty or support do you get with the printer?
(Warranty and Support are most important for expensive printers.)
10 . What are bloggers saying about the printer? Read reviews before buying.
(Read as many reviews as possible before buying a printer.)
Cheapest to run and best printers (Cheap to maintain) available with next day delivery from...